Information for participants on the calls
For some people this technology can be quite overwhelming and so we’ve put together a guide for members who are coming onto the calls – mostly surrounding what happens when they get on the call.
It is probably easiest to download the Zoom app from your Google Play Store.
- Click on ‘Join a Meeting’ on the front page.
- Input the Meeting ID (as given by your respective group – using the method above)
- Change ‘Your Name’ as required.
- The join options, ‘Don’t Connect To Audio’ and ‘Turn Off My Video’ can be clicked if required, they can be altered once in the meeting as well.
- Click ‘Join Meeting’.
- Input Meeting ID.
- Input ‘Password’ if required.
- YOU’RE IN!
- Members will be able to control if they have their video or microphone on using the option at the bottom of their screen (these change slightly depending on the device) but they should be fairly clear – on a phone it may ask whether to ‘Join Audio’ > ‘Call via Device Audio’ or ‘Dial In’. Please select ‘Call via Device Audio’.
- From this screen you can turn on/off your audio and video – using the ‘Mute’ / ‘Unmute’ buttons by the microphone symbol and ‘Stop Video’ / ‘Start Video’ by the camcorder.
- Most meetings are requiring sharing to be requested using the ‘Virtual Hand’. This can be completed by either clicking on ‘More’ symbolised by 3 dots and clicking ‘Raise Hand’ or by going through ‘Participants’ clicking on your name and selecting ‘Raise Hand’.
- When you wish to leave the meeting simply click ‘Leave’ highlighted in red at the top of your screen.
Laptops / Computer
There are a few different ways to access the meetings using a computer:
- Go to zoom.us using your web browser search bar.
- Select ‘Join Meeting’.
- Input the Meeting ID
- Your computer will prompt the zoom software to download (this should only happen once). The software should download quickly and continue without you having to go through the process again.
- Input meeting password if required (available from the meeting secretary if required).
- Select ‘Join with Video’ or ‘Join without Video’ depending on your preference (this can be changed once in the call if required).
- Select ‘Join with Computer Audio’ if you wish to be able to speak at all during the meeting.
- YOU’RE IN!
- You’ll be able to start and stop your video and audio by clicking on ‘Start Video’, ‘Stop Video’, ‘Start Audio’ and ‘Stop Audio’ located at the bottom of your screen.
- Most meetings are requiring sharing to be requested using the ‘Virtual Hand’. This can be completed by either clicking on ‘Participants’ clicking on ‘Raise Hand’ at the bottom of the Participants pop up, if it’s not present hover your mouse over your name, click ‘More’ and ‘Raise Hand’ should be within the options.
- When you wish to leave the meeting simply click ‘Leave Meeting’ highlighted in red at the bottom of your screen.
Please note more information can be found on the Creating Zoom Meetings and Meeting Guidelines pages.